Saturday, December 29, 2012

PastaQueen runs to benefit from the National Headache Foundation

Although Author Jennette Fulda had the willpower to half her body weight to lose, they do not have the magical power to get rid of the headaches that she has had for more than a year and a half.

Tired of the pain and countless treatments, Fulda, whose online alias is "PastaQueen" and decided that they needed to take action. On 15 August, the PastaQueen on her running shoes and ready A Midsummer night's Run, a 5 K race in Lexington, KY with a time of 7 seconds.

"There were not many water stations, so my time ago, but I was glad to finish the race," Fulda said, "I hope to improve on my next 5 K next month on [my time]."

Fulda ran not only because her doctors told her that regular exercise can improve headaches, but because she wanted to raise awareness about headaches to help other patients. With her ultimate fundraising goal of $ 3,000, Fulda encouraged her friends and fans to sponsor her in the race by donating to the National Foundation for headaches Migraine million campaign. The Migraine million campaign goal is to increase from 1 million dollars for Headache Education and research. The National Headache Foundation hopes one million of the nearly 30 million migraine sufferers in America to donate $ 1 or more to this rally initiative.

"I wanted to keep the race finish myself responsible so I would and I knew that if I would have me money people to complete. I wanted to raise money for the cause for people like me who are suffering with headaches, and I thought the National Headache Foundation is a great place to donate, "Fulda said.

Fulda gained national media recognition with her 2008 book half-assed: a weight loss memoir, which was inspired by her online blog that chronicled her weight-loss of 372 to 180 pounds. In November of 2004 Fulda, then 24, began to keep track of her weight loss. In February 2008, but she had lost more than half her body weight, Fulda developed a debilitating headache that has yet to disappear.

"It was kind of ironic. I was in the best shape of my life and I got this tension-type headache that just wouldn't go away, "said Fulda.

Because of the pain from the constant headache Fulda gained back 30 pounds in the fall of 2008. Although they started to exercise again in attempt to relieve pain and her head back in tip-top shape, Fulda has decided to her experiences with the world for a second time. The Indiana-based author is currently working on her next book, tentatively titled chocolate and Vicodin: and other failed Cures for the headache that wouldn't go away.

Although the race is over, Fulda hopes to continue to raise awareness about headaches. Donations can still be made to the National Headache Foundation on the author fundraising site (http://firstgiving.com/pastaqueen) or on the National Headache Foundation's Web site (http://www.headaches.org/store/donations.html?cat=253) of Fulda blog can be seen on http://www.pastaqueen.com.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment